Smoky Chubby

(Are you among the six or seven people who would like to see this cartoon bigger? Then just click on any Indian’s butt.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Smoke.

One of my favorite readers is a young fella called Victor. He first sent me some cartoon ideas of his when he was a wee tyke of about 13 or 14. I’ve been using a few of his ideas each year ever since. These days, I use even more than a few. Now he’s a big, grown-up lug of a human in his last year of college. My, how time flies. Especially when you’re as drunk as I usually am.

This cartoon based on the Old West cliche of Native Americans reading smoke signals in the distance was suggested by him. Or at least most of it was. I liked it and added the right panel gag myself. I forgot now what Victor had suggested the thought balloon on the right say, but it wasn’t as much of a punchline as this one is. So there, Victor. Have some humility at the foot of your mentor, for Godzilla’s sake.

Now whaddya say we look at a cartoon about a guy with fat eyes? Lots of people gain weight in only one place: their gut or thighs or butt. What if you could gain weight just in your eyes or ears or elbows? It’s worth thinking about.

Here’s where I’ve been hiding the book I want you to have.

Here’s where I post all my important information about comedy shows and book signings and days when I plan to sit on your front porch until you notice me. Go here and “like” the page for all the latest updates.

This entry was posted in classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Smoky Chubby

1. Pingback: Smoky Chubby « Humor

2. Keera says:

You tease. ;-) What was Victor’s original punchline?

Victor’s original idea was about the first group mistaking the other guy’s thought balloon for smoke signals. I added the part about him mistaking their words for a balloon. So the part you’re missing is inconsequential. :0)

3. Pingback: Smoky Chubby « Todd's Perspective

4. patrick says:

I really like the smoke signal comic — classic Bizarro, in which it takes a second to get and is a clever observation of the way things appear.

5. Lynda M O says:

Excellent comic-love the balloons vs smoke shapes-very funny stuff. Thanks.

6. Bill Costa says:

Sorry if this is not appropriate, but I just had to try and share it. To me, it is like a Bizarro cartoon come to life, I just can’t figure out what the punch line would be.

or http://tinyurl.com/7oszmkn

7. Pingback: Smoke Signals | Broadsheet.ie

8. Pingback: Ambiguous smoke signals - 22 Words

9. Pingback: Ambiguous smoke signals | Funri

10. Pingback: Smoke signals « absolutegiganten

11. Unambiguous says:

I just discovered you, after climbing out from under my rock. You are insanely brilliant and I platonically love you. Your existence is a good thing. <3 ::grins::