Bum Head Hunchback Lion Mime Self Signs

(Doth thee desire to view this cartoon biggeth? If so, clicketh the plaid shorts.)

Bizarro is brought to you by Robot Bunny.

It’s been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, but I don’t live in Lake Wobegon and that’s one reason why I haven’t posted on this blog all week. I live in LA and it’s been busy here. Since I last posted, Rodney King died. I rioted for three days but no one noticed. After that, Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of the 48 charges he was on trial. YES! I knew that charge 47 was bogus! When I heard the verdict, I considered rioting again, just for good measure, but I was still tired from the Rodney King thing.

So here is a week’s worth of cartoons for your eyeball amusement:

1. I had a bunch of good panhandler jokes so I combined them into one job fair setting. It doesn’t make sense literally but I like it anyway.

2. Please don’t feel sorry for the man with the bandage or the birds in this cartoon. They are only drawings.

3.This nursing home of the future shows the positions our bodies will grow into as we spend years staring at our cell phones. Of course, this won’t have time to happen to most of us because in a couple years we’ll all be communicating telepathically via a chip implanted in our skull. Apple and Microsoft are both working on this technology. I recommend getting the Apple version or you’ll find yourself crashing and getting lots of viruses.

4. A churchy guy wrote to me this week to ask if he could use this lion cartoon in his sermon this Sunday about prayer. I said, “Sure, but just don’t make it sound like I agree with you.”

5. Coal mimer is a great pun that I wish I’d thought of. It was sent to me by my young genius friend, Victor. Thanks, Victor! He just got back from a college trip to Europe where people laughed at him openly for wearing overalls with no shirt, a big floppy hat, and a piece of straw sticking out of his mouth. (He’s from a hillbilly place in North Carolina.)

6. I think it is ironic that the one thing you are not allowed to store in your self storage unit is yourself.

7. Let’s make some turns.

Sorry for this week’s brevity. Exciting things are happening at Bizarro International Headquarters and they’ve kept me as busy as a DEA agent at Grateful Dead concert.

Did you know I have a Bizarro iPhone app?

This entry was posted in animals, daily Bizarros, religion and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Bum Head Hunchback Lion Mime Self Signs

1. Pingback: Bum Head Hunchback Lion Mime Self Signs « Humor

2. #6 — In Colorado Springs, there is an Evergreen Cemetery and an Evergreen Mausoleum and an Evergreen Funeral Home. They put a self-storage service on some of their land and, for a short, inexplicable time, used the same company name. Alas, they wised up before I got a picture.

3. Colin says:

I want a Jazz Pickle shirt like the kid in the header image.

4. Pingback: Bum Head Hunchback Lion Mime Self Signs « My Perspective on Loving, Living, Learning and Laughing

5. Kelli Conlow says:

The coal mimers cartoon made me laugh out loud, as your strip often does. Thanks for the laughs and starting out the day for so many of us with a good attitude because we had a laugh.

6. Celia Funk says:

I love these, although the bird with a broken wing thing threw me for a minute. And I know a few people who are definitely going to the post-texting nursing home….if they live long enough. Let us prey should be a poster!

7. What a hilarious group of cartoons today, thanks! I love the “Let us prey” one. I envision that as a cartoon but would have liked to see a bunch of religious figures instead. I think they do just as much preying as the big cats do! Thanks again Dan for your work, we really appreciate it. What book are you working on next? My 11 year old daughter loves your cartoons, I like the challenge of having to explain some of them to her.

8. The fair haired fella in the first cartoon is a very lucky young man to be the first to sport the official Jazz Pickle T shirt.

9. Ginger says:

I want the t-shirt the little blonde kid is wearing.

10. ABC says:

I always thought that certain comedians don’t know where to draw a line on their jokes. I was right… Jerry Sandusky??? seriously Dan? There’s a limit man… what he did was no joke! just think…

Btw, i am a regular reader of your blog. just found this supremely offensive.

You’re right about comedians. We look for humor everywhere, even in tragedy, and frequently lose track of where other people draw the line.

11. Theophylact says:

Have you forgotten this famous Thomas Nast cartoon?

12. Tom says:

Looks like pie for dessert in “Let us prey”! Too bad there’s not a workable pun for “lettuce pray”….or is there!?

13. Penny says:

Ha… thanks for the back !

You could have naked woman falling from the SKY ! (every mans Dream !)

I love it when he is SOoooooo blatantly obvious… you have to know the truth to get the WORDS…… Penny’s From Heaven… Pennies from Heaven… he must be a comedian too… ha!

Thx

Pch

14. Linda Marshall says:

Just curious, Dan – I used to view your comic on a newspaper website (well, I *used to* used to read it in the paper, but that’s long gone…) but now I find it more convenient to just come here and read a few days worth at once. Which method does you the most good? I’m assuming your syndicate keeps track of hits to the newspaper site so would you rather we made sure to read the comic there? If a slight change in reading habits would make a difference in any way, I’m sure I’m not the only one who’d be happy to do it.

Good question, thanks for asking. I get no financial compensation for people reading my blog. I do it in hopes they will buy my books, come to my comedy shows, etc. It’s not a great business model. Newspapers that run my comic pay a flat rate for it, regardless of viewers, but if they see over time that it has low readership, they’ll cancel it and save the money. Hope that gives you the info you need to make an informed decision. :o)

15. Silje says: