Sunday Punnies #24

(To see this cartoon all big, click on the bird in the middle panel.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Kooky Tiki Collectors.

Welcome to my blog. If you’ve never been here before, I hope you enjoy poking around a bit. I post about three times a week and comment (often humorously) on my various efforts. If you’re a regular to this blog, skip the previous three sentences and move on.

Bizarro’s Sunday Punnies is a series I do every six weeks or so, in which I take puns submitted by readers and illustrate them as I see fit. If you’ll look in the lower right corner of each panel, you’ll see the name of the person who submitted the pun. If you’d like to see one of your puns in a future installment, leave it in the comments section of this post and FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:

1. The pun you submit must be your own, original idea. If I use your pun and then find out it’s been done before, I’ll send a very ugly person with scary hair to your house to stare into your windows and frighten your children and/or pets.

2. Include in your comment the name you’d like to use at the bottom. Anything goes, as long as it isn’t obscene.

3. I read every submission but I don’t publish them in the comments section, so don’t expect to see it there. I don’t want to ruin the punch line for future readers if I decide to use it.

4. By submitting, you’re agreeing to give me the rights to the cartoon and joke. You get nothing other than the momentary glory of seeing your idea in print and bragging rights.

That’s all there is to it. No fuss, no muss. Good luck, my friend.

Congrats this week to Eva Garrison, Suzi List, and Edwin Letcher, who plays for a wacky Tiki band called The Ding Dong Devils. They’re having a CD release party next week in Los Angeles. I’ll be there, hope you will, too!

This entry was posted in animals, daily Bizarros, pirates, sunday punnies and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Sunday Punnies #24

1. Pingback: Sunday Punnies #24 « Humor

2. el.hombre.alto says:

As a kid, while attending Sunday morning mass, I would often spend all of my energies on ways to shut out the monotonous blathering coming from the pulpit. One thing that I always looked forward to was the recitation of the Lord’s Prayer. The reason being that upon it’s conclusion, the Priest would always say “Lettuce pray.” (at which point, fields of lettuce everywhere would bow their heads in unison).

I did the same thing as a kid. Letting my mind wonder as the priest blathered on in Latin is what taught me how to fall into the zone in which I write cartoons.

3. Eve Blackburn says:

I just love your comic strip, it’s one of my all-time favorites. So creative and genuinely funny. So! Keep up the great work!

4. Bill Josephs says:

Here is my pun-der-ful poke for you: Julius told me I was “so smart.” “Shucks,” I said; “its just in my genes.” “Well I hope they don’t slack off,” he told me. I said “If they do, I’ll belt ‘em.” That was it. “Zip it!” he said. “Don’t cuff me, man…” By then, he was pressing me and I was panting as I ran away, to avoid his flap, but he told me through his teeth “you’ll find a loophole,” but I didn’t have a leg to stand on.

This is a fun sequence of puns but way too complex for my cartoons. So I thought I’d share them with the rest of the Jazz Pickles here.

5. Joyce says:

‘Pyrex of the Caribbean’ has to be my all time favorite. Had to share it with my very ‘punny’ family.

6. Dan Bryant says:

I came across your website just today and I really found myself enjoying your comic strips. You just gained another reader, follower and fan. Looking forward seeing more of your work!

7. Josh says:

Hey Dan, Loving the comics and commentary as per usual.

8. Jean Olmstead says:

Punny true story:

As a newly wed, I fixed pancakes for my spouse. Some syrup dripped on his pajama top. I was astounded when he started singing. He shared his impulse with me, saying, “I’m a syrupdrippity singer.” (We’re now divorced.)

Unpunny true story:

I moved to Seattle from the midwest and was entranced by the fireboats which often celebrated occasions by spraying water in Puget Sound. I never vocalized the fact that I wondered how those little boats held all that water. Finally …. well, you know. I may be blonde but I figured it out all by myself.

There was once a cartoon of a refrigerator loaded with ‘toons and magnets falling over. Mine won’t fall over because it’s wedged in tightly. I hope you’re honored that most of my magnets display your cartoons..

Thanks for the guffaws.

Jean

Thx for your comments, Jean. We cartoonists call refrigerators The Louvre of our industry. :0)

• John R. says:

Don’t worry Jean, you are not alone. I work as the captain of a firetug in a harbour just to the north of you, on Vancouver Island. People ask me “how much firefighting water can the tug carry?” on a regular basis – I usually answer “infinity litres” and leave them to figure it out on their own (as you did, without even needing to ask out loud :-)). I have also been admonished by well-meaning persons for ‘wasting all that water’ during water displays!

9. Pingback: Bizarro’s Sunday Punnies | Punny Business

10. Bonnie Thompson says:

I get a kick out of your comic pretty much every day. Thanks for the laughs!

11. Nick Roberts says:

Love the chick magnet….

12. Tony Toews says:

Dan: Here is my Sunday Punnies idea: I’d love to see what you would do with “carpool tunnel syndrome”! I think you are the best artist in the comics today. I’m writing to you from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. That’s three States up and third Province to the right, if you were thinking of dropping by. No, I didn’t make the name up. Take care,

Tony.

Thanks for the note, Tony. Very happy to hear you’re enjoying my work. You idea is good, too, but it has been suggested many times already and I’m guessing it has been done as a cartoon before. No worries, great minds think alike. :o)

13. Jann Kwasneski says: