Sunday Punnies #28

(To embiggen this cartoon to a largerest size, click on the barking dog.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by The Power of Puns.

Welcome to the 28th edition of my Sunday Punnies, in which I illustrate pun suggestions from readers like you. Today’s congratulations go to Doug Folmer, Bruce Nichols, and Barry St. (street?) Vitus. If you’d like to submit a pun for a future edition, follow these simple guidelines:

1. Leave your pun idea in the comments section of this post. Remember to tell me what name you’d like me to use at the bottom if I choose it. Any name is fine, as long as it can be printed in the paper.

2. Your pun must be original, as far as you know. Don’t send in something you’ve heard or seen elsewhere. Each time I do this, I get a number of puns that people think of themselves but that have already been done. A short list follows: carpool tunnel syndrome, reptile dysfunction, carrion luggage, carrion my wayward son, accu-puncher.

3. Your comment with your idea will NOT appear in the comments section. I moderate all comments and DO NOT post the ones with pun suggestions, so as not to ruin the fun should I choose it or offer you up for ridicule if it is particularly awful.

4. By suggesting a pun, you agree that you will get no compensation other than the fun of seeing your name and idea in Bizarro. The copyright will be mine forever.

That’s all there is to it. Have fun, Jazz Pickles, and send me some great stuff for another edition of Bizarro’s Sunday Punnies!

P.S. One reader said they didn’t understand the Abraham Incan gag. Lincoln was known for winning rail-splitting contests before he became a politician. Apparently, chopping wood quickly passed for entertainment in 19th century Illinois.

This entry was posted in daily Bizarros, history, politics, sunday punnies and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Sunday Punnies #28

1. I lol’d over Abraham Incan. Those were great, thanks!

2. another says:

“Apparently, chopping wood quickly passed for entertainment in 19th century Illinois.”

As it does in 21st century Illinois.

Looks like Abe Incan is splitting not rails, but firewood (and fish and dynamite, of course). But when he is so amazingly attired, who really cares?

3. jamie ursch says:

Found your website today. Hilarity! Thanks to you I almost spewed my coffee all over my laptop. Thank you for being so creative & funny!

4. Joe Birnbaum says:

Found your website. I have several submissions but I don’t know what the proper procedure is. I know this sounds bizarre. Please help. Thanks.

5. Bruce Nichols says:

WOW You actually used my pun!! Thanks, it’s an honor to contribute to a Bizarro cartoon.

6. Keith says:

Eddie Smurphy always works blue!

7. Love your Sunday Punnies!

Hugs from a Canadian Jazz Pickle
    Pamela

8. Mike Haney says:

My wife and I love your strip, especially the cat-based ones. Cat birthday and cat valentine are both enshrined on our fridge.

9. Paul Taddeo says:

Thanks for MANY laughs!

10. Bill Costa says:

Just a message; no need to post. I really hope you share the recent surgeon gag on your blog. That one had my girlfriend asking — “What the hell are you laughing at!”

11. John-Marc says:

Street Vitus? Are you serious?
    It aint street. and Street Patricks day aint coming up next week.

In case you didnt know, it is a guy who started a famous sicilian dance.

12. JIm Mackie says:

A friend and I enjoy this strip!

13. Pablo says:

I thought I thought of Reptile Dysfunction…. Darn…

14. Pablo says:

St. Vitus is a band, the originator of “Doom Metal” from Cali on the SST label…. Though they did originate the dance “The Stand-Still-And-Bob-Yer-Head-Slowly”

15. Julie says:

Thank you for all the laugh-out-loud fun. It amazes me that you can be so creative and funny strip after strip. What a gift!

16. Richard Voss says:

Under guideline number 4, after the sentence “The copyright will be mine forever.”; you should add “(Sinister Laugh) WHO-HOO-HOO-HOO-HA! HA! HA!…”

Love your work
    I will be sending some “pun”ishment soon!