Tacks Day

Bizarro is brought to you today by Copyright Infringement.

Ben Franklin once said, “…[I]n this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” He also once said, “I sure have banged a lot of broads in my day, but I bet that won’t keep me from having my face on money.” He was right on both accounts.

This cartoon is the brainchild of my known associate, Wayno of Pittsburgh, who, on his own delightful blog, has blamed it on his wife. (I haven’t read her blog yet so I don’t know if she continues to pass the buck.)

Some of you regular readers may remember my former wife, called “CHNW” on this blog. We were married on April 15th, 2002. Many people have asked me why we got married on a day that strikes fear and loathing in the hearts of most Americans and I always responded, “If the marriage works out, it will make a bad day better. If it doesn’t, it was a lousy day anyway.”

Like Franklin, I was right on both accounts.

This entry was posted in Crazy Half-Nekked Wife, daily Bizarros, wayno and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Tacks Day

1. Ann says:

My hubby and I got married on April Fool’s Day and 25 years later are still together! Not sure about the efficacy of magical thinking as evinced by your logic – my reason for choosing 4/1 was to pick a date neither of us could forget!

Good choice. That would have been a more appropriate day for my last marriage. Glad yours is still working. :o)

• Snick says:

If you get married on Easter, when is your anniversary?
        Spoiler:
        Could be either (1) The first Sunday following the first Astronomical Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox or (2) The first Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon.

2. Outstanding; as always.

3. Dominique says:

This reminds me of the Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy where the superrockstar Hotblack Desiato spent a year dead “for tax reasons”

You should make a cartoon about that

Please

4. Tim Ellis says:

My wife and I were also married on April 15 (1989). I always remind people that it was also the day that the Revolutionary War began, President Lincoln died and the Titanic sunk. Taxing day. 8)

5. Shawn Lewis says:

I don’t guffaw very often (just ask my girlfriend), but this cartoon did it for me. F’ing awesome! Thanks, man.

6. Pingback: Death And Taxes | Broadsheet.ie

7. Ellen Nichols says:

I wonder who is more afraid of whom!

8. Mello Bob says:

By the look on the accountants face, me thinks Grim has been doing some shredding.

9. Dave in Asheville says:

My favorite Ben Franklin quote:

Ben Franklin was a little stout later in life and it was said that in Paris a middle-aged woman tapped him on his protruding abdomen said “Dr. Franklin, if this were on a young lady we’d know what to think.” And Franklin replied, “Half an hour ago, Mademoiselle, it was on a young lady, and now what do you think?”

10. Radwaste says:

Dan, it was evident you were having a wonderful time there for a while. I earnestly hope you can do that again!

11. Bob Abrahams says:

I just saw this posted on Facebook (a little late, I think), but I thought I’d add it here:

“The difference between death and taxes is death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets.”
    – Will Rogers

12. Isaac says:

It’s also the day in 1452 that Da Vinci was born, and that’s pretty cool.