Snakes ‘n’ Rabbits

bz panel 09-14-13 medusabz strip 09-14-13medusaBizarro is brought to you today by Huh?

Contrary to usual, I had more fun drawing the strip version of this one than the vertical panel. It’s entirely because of the giant bunny attack on screen, of course. I’d love to see the whole movie.

MedusaBeach WEB

BIZARRO OF THE LIVING DEAD: As you can see, today’s panel isn’t the only Medusa cartoon I’ve ever drawn. This one from 1998 was never published in Bizarro, of course, but appeared in a Swedish magazine or two and is in my autobiography, “Bizarro and Other Strange Manifestations of the Art of Dan Piraro”. This is one of my favorite gags I’ve ever written and I’m thrilled to have a good excuse to share it with you here.

This entry was posted in adult cartoon, animals, classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Snakes ‘n’ Rabbits

1. irto says:

Might I suggest Night of The Lepus as a movie recommendation, if giant rabbits wrecking havoc is your type of thing. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069005/

2. Grant Michael McKenna says:

I’ve always wondered about Medusa, myself.

3. Danielle Saurenman Altamirano says:

I LOVE both of them!!! I love your humor!!!!!! Always super good… missile guidance counselor
    is also one of my favorites!!!!! THANK YOU for sharring the 1998 Medusa!!! ♥♥♥

4. Kat says:

I would *totally* go to that movie. . Please tell me you are deep in talks with high powered film producers to make ‘Banī Kaiju!’

Hubby loves kaiju, so he would want to come too.

I wish I were but Hollywood is only interested in rehashes of what has succeeded recently. As a rule, anything creative or new is shied away from.

5. Gina C-P says:

I like seeing more of the movie in the strip version too, and would pay my $7.00 to see the entire movie. ‘Medusa at a nude beach’ is truly frightening; nobody wants to see that!

Seven dollars? I haven’t seen a movie for 7$ in ages. Where do you live? 1995? :o)

• Lou Stoole says:

Extremely old and decrepit people such as myself (seniors) can get seats in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Cathedral City for as little as $6.00.

However, if you’re not quite 62, you can usually fool the kids at the box office if you’re turning grey… losing your hair… really wrinkly… or can fake a wet cough.

Once inside, you can watch a first-run film and, if you so choose, engage in my favorite activity, “popcorn surprise,” otherwise known as “coming soon at a theatre near you.”

I’d say more but my parole officer may be reading this.

6. RidiculousMouse says:

I love your brain, Dan. Not sure I’d want to live there but it’s a great place to visit!

7. Barb says:

“Medusa at a Nude Beach”! «snerk!» Oh, Dan!

8. Diderot says:

Amazing cartoons, but I thought your bunnies were harmless…

Good to know about your book! There’s an old cartoon about Superman (2001/2002 I think) I’d like to see again. Maybe I find it there or in your retro section.

9. Jim Hickman says:

The starkness of black and white actually adds to the gag.

10. Benny the Icepick says:

Either strip would make for one helluva movie.

11. another says:

So we can assume the gentleman on the beach blanket is turning to stone?

12. Jeff Howard says:

Hey Dan. Thought you might like… MY friend Billy is in one of those Krewes (the kind that do Mardi Gras parades and balls). Each year they do a tableau ball fundraiser where they do elaborate costume presentations. He shares our twisted humor to the 10th power. His presentation at the “art” ball a few years ago was The Birth Of Venus. After his shell was rolled out and down the runway towards the front, He emerged and walked out in a skin-colored full-body leotard and a long red wig. When he put his arms out to his side to take a big bow, he revealed he had 12″ long matching red crotch hair and matching armpit hair! I wish I could find the pics. All I can find is the poster I made for his table guests. > http://s854.photobucket.com/user/Jriangle/media/BillyBirth.jpeg.html <