Kissmoss

Bizarro 12-08-13 WEBBizarro 12-08-13 hdr

(For the looking at it bigger, click the any wheel on the orange tricycle.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Don’t Just Complain, Do Something!

I’m not a big fan of Xmas, what with the hideously ugly decorations and lights, and the unbearably obnoxious songs and commercials. A couple of decades ago I gave up giving or expecting cards or gifts at this time of year, seeing the holiday primarily as a department-store construct that has succeeded in putting social pressure on most people to buy stuff they can’t afford for people who don’t need it. And since I’m neither a fan nor a devotee of any religion, it has no meaning for me in that context, either. But, since there’s no getting rid of it now, to at least make it a little more interesting, I’m going to suggest we combine Xmas with Halloween. If you see me on the street this December, please wish me a “scary Xmas.”

Even though I profoundly dislike this capitalistic holiday, I still sort of enjoy doing cartoons about it. Here is one of my faves from the past that I hope gives you some dancing-sugar-plum joy.Bizarro 12-23-07 SantaXmasWEB

This entry was posted in classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Kissmoss

1. Eric Simpson says:

I’ve already gotten so used to it, that sometimes I forget that you didn’t (almost) always tell us the number of symbols in a given strip. When did that begin?

I started including the number about three or four years ago at the request of a Jazz Pickle. Can’t remember exactly when.

2. Museum Guard says:

Giftwise, I see it’s time for Chia Pets and The Clapper.

3. Chrys Dudek says:

I have similar views of Chrystmas, and people are aghast that it is not my favorite holiday. (I am more of an Arbor Day kind of guy.)

4. Chris Cowan says:

“I’m going to suggest we combine Xmas with Halloween.”
    That’s exactly what makes “Nightmare Before Christmas” such a brilliant movie!

5. David says:

I think you mean Franken Claus’s monster.

Nope. It’s my fantasy and in this story, the monster is called Franken Claus. The doctor who created him was Mort Glassberg.

6. Foye Lowe says:

Just in case my FB friends don’t delve into the depths of your postings, and therefore fail to reach the Holiday Bar Scene, I’m copying it onto my FB timeline. Any protest you may have, Dan, will be promptly respected . . .

7. Xmas or Christ-mess is such a joke any gag making fun of it makes me smile. thanks dude…

8. Shreya says:

Haha! That last one is like your ‘Ex Men’ strip :) Wonder what they’re drinking.

9. Guy says:

I’m pretty sure I saw the scene depicted in the ’07 panel in Boardwalk Empire :).

10. Seth says:

Combining Christmas with Halloween would certainly improve the music. I’m all in favor of that.