Kooky

Bizarro 12-15-13 Hdr WEB(To enlarginatify today’s kartoon, klick on the katalytic konverter of any kar in the lot.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Holiday Hostages.

Good Sunday, Jazz Pickles, and welcome to Karl’s Klown Kars. Karl is the kind of guy whose motto is “Why use another letter where a K will do?” He has krazy kavalkade sales on his klown kars each Kristmas and serves kamomile wine koolers to his kustomers.

Shown here are two new kustomers who want to downsize to an even smaller klown kar than the one they kurrently own now that their kids have klattered off to kollege. They like the kool spotty kar but feel it is too kolossal for them. I suspect they’ll be more komfortable in the red kar with the blue flower, but I kould be wrong.

Okay, enough with the Ks. It’s making me sick. This gag is a collaboration with my known associate, Wayno of Pittsburgh. I’ve done many clown cartoons in the past and quite a few have been in collaboration with my giant-shoed pal, Wayno. See the entire cadre of clown cartoons that he and I have done together and read what he says about this one here. Then come back for the archive section of today’s post, below.Bizarro 12-15-08 smWEB

PAZZ JICKLES: Here’s my Xmas cartoon from 1999, in which Santa leaves an unexpected bit of creativity for some Xmas participants. Were they naughty or nice? I hope both, or else they’ve been missing out on a few of life’s more enjoyable activities.bz12-25-99

This entry was posted in classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros, wayno and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Kooky

1. GeezLouise says:

Scary Christmas from a Vegan with family in Arkansas. Bizarro has always jumped out at me and now I know why! I was a Jazz Pickle all this time and I didn’t even know it.

2. Life is Just One Long Comic Strip says:

The klown gag is wonderful – but its the kaleidoscope of kolor in the panel that keeps you in a higher kosmos of daily komics, oh Grand Poobah!

3. Will Scheibler says:

There’s moose turd jewelry out there so why not reindeer dung sculpture.

4. Brendan Coupe says:

Krap

5. Me B says:

Karl uses the grocer’s apostrophe.

6. Craig L says:

You and Wayno have done your share of ‘clown car’ gags… clown elevator, clown ark… it seems the only thing you haven’t done is note that Drone Planes weren’t intended to be unmanned – they were just designed by clowns. (Too political?)

It always reminds me of Robin Williams’ quick explanation of the pluses and minuses of being a genie in Aladdin: “PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS! Itty-bitty living space!”

7. Charlie says:

It’s no wonder I have not seen any Christmas cards done by you? Or have you?

8. That’s pretty damned funny…Santa is thoughtful AND creative! Your strip is as good as it gets. Keep up the great work! I hope your holiday, and the new year, bring you joy and peace!

9. TwoOptions says:

Great gag and drawing! Particularly, Wayno’s. “Okay, enough with the Ks. It’s making me sick.” [sic]*

The K-stuff and “sick” reminded me of your cartoon about an editors’ office. A guy says to his colleague, “Dude, that article was [sic]“, and the description had “When editors try to be cool”. Absolutely loved that!

10. Mumfork Spinyechidna says:

I especially like the little touch of the “greengrocer’s apostrophe” in “Shriner’s.” (I hope it was intentional.)

11. Maria says:

You make klowning around phun!

12. David says:

I had a similar idea for a cartoon: a whole bunch of clowns at a car yard looking at a small car and asking the salesman: ‘Do you have anything smaller?’ You beat me to it Mr Piraro!

13. indi says:

As much as I hate clowns, I love the way you draw them. Now I can call yours “klowns” and enjoy them even more.

As you likely know, I hate them, too, but they sure are fun to draw. The kooky colors, fashions, and body shapes are irresistible.:^}

14. John Flaherty says:

I’m not sure where else to post this question, so i’ll post it here.
    Dan, as an animal lover and vegan, I wonder if you’ve seen the film, Blackfish yet, and if so, what you thought about it.
    I case you haven’t, here is a

I’ve heard the title but haven’t seen the film. Since I’m already educated on the gross abuses of humans toward their fellow animals, I rarely watch those kinds of movies because they depress me and I don’t stand to learn anything I don’t already know. I’ve done a few cartoons about the cruelty of keeping marine mammals in captivity for entertainment. I won’t got to circuses that use animals, either.

• John Flaherty says:

I don’t like really graphic movies about animal cruelty, either. While they may win over some new converts, it’s like preaching to the choir for me. However, Blackfish isn’t graphic in that way. It is well worth seeing. It has made such an impact on Seaworld that 8 out of 10 bands scheduled to play there in February have pulled out. It has also made their stock plummet since it came out in July, and that was even before its biggest share holder just sold a billion dollars worth of shares. It’s available on iTunes and Netflicks. Here’s a link to the trailer:
        I think it’s an important film to watch and I highly recommend it.
        Thanks for your great work. I’ve been a fan for many years, even long before I knew you were vegan, just ’cause your stuff is so damned funny.

Thanks, John. I’m thrilled to hear that the film had a financial impact on Seaworld and you’ve peaked my interest in seeing it now!

• John Flaherty says:

Great! I appreciate your taking the time to check it out. There is something really heart-warming about seeing the huge impact this “little” film has made. The director never set out to make this as the finished product, but as she learned more about it, she dug deeper and ended up with very powerful film. You can see the impact it has had on SeaWorld’s stock here: http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=SEAS+Interactive#symbol=seas;range=6m;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;
            The film came out at the end of July, so look what happens to the chart starting there. Seaworld’s explanation was that they’d had bad weather, so sales were down, yet DisneyWorld, also in Orlando, didn’t seem to have a downturn.
            The Willy Nelson, Heart, REO Speedwagon, Bare NakedLadies and 4 other bands have cancelled their Seaworld shows after seeing Blackfish.
            Thanks for checking it out, Dan. I’d love to hear what you think of the movie if you see it.