Future Flight

bz strip 12-30-13bz panel 12-30-13 bz panel 12-31-13bz panel 01-01-14

Bizarro is brought to you today The Future!

Welcome to 2014, Jazz Pickles, and welcome to the future. Yes, it is here. No matter where you live on this tiny blue planet, in front of your place of residence right now is a flying car, which I have had placed there for each and every one of my Jazz Pickles at great expense to myself. That’s just how much I care.

If you have trouble identifying it (they look just like regular cars, which is cool) here’s how you can tell: I have equipped each of these cars with a security device calibrated to your voice. All you need do is stand at the driver’s side window and say in a loud, firm voice, “Fly!” This will open the door and start the engine. Just do that to every car you see within a one-block radius of your home and you’ll find it. Happy flying, JPs! See you in the sky!Bizarro 04-04-10 ChildrenWEB

BIZARRO BASEMENT: In my archive section at the bottom of this post is a lovely two-frame Sunday cartoon from 2010, in which our hero, Rick, is starting fresh for the new year. He does not, however, have the convenience and benefits of a flying car, so he is to be pitied.

Wishing all of you a fantastic year of grooviness and delight. Stay tangy, Jazz Pickles.

This entry was posted in animals, classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Future Flight

1. Brad says:

I love the one about the children, too funny! And I can relate to the piano player! Haha

2. Paul Halicki says:

When will that t-shirt hit the shelves?

3. Alex Williamson says:

Wow! It worked on my second try. Been flying all afternoon here in Havana. I’m heading for the west coast of the good old USA. See you soon!

4. Museum Guard says:

Oh, no! Arial font in a Bizarro cartoon!

5. Shaun Haney says:

I want that shirt!

6. Patrick Hart says:

Hopefully all your Jazz Pickles will get this “inside joke”: The second page of non-mainstream technical and legal manuals occasionally carry this contradictory message so that their readers wouldn’t worry they were missing a page. As Urban Dictionary suggests, it “subverts the very condition it purports to describe.”

7. Doctor G says:

Apparently you shouldn’t have outsourced your security to Target. My flying car has been stolen.

8. Craig L says:

I tried yelling “FLY” outside my residence, only to have a vintage Datsun Z-car automatically lower its windows, fill its drivers compartment with hot oil and, five minutes later, deliver me a delicious mixed-tempura plate. Bad pun, rather racist, but very yummy (you wouldn’t eat the shrimp, but the bell peppers, green beans and sweet potatoes were a meal by themselves).

9. Pingback: Future Flight | Bright, shiny objects!

10. Tiffany B says:

I love all of today’s comics! You are the best!! Happy New Year! Thank you for many years of laughter! See you in the skies!

11. Don Simms says:

I’m here,,,,, Rick sent me

12. TomK says:

A flying car! Wow, you’re just like Sandy Claws! Thanks *ever* so much. Can’t wait to get out there and find that sucker. Oh, and Dan, you may want to delete the second…or maybe the first, it’s your choice: “however” in the third paragraph.

13. PatC says:

There’s a respondent on “Town Hall” named Goldilocks who has a bad case of logorrhea, so I encouraged everyone who reads TH to refer to today’s brilliant ‘toon. Thanks.

14. I think my favorite today is the piano player because I can relate. I appreciate you injecting some humor into the aging process. Happy New Year to you and yours Dan!