Come Meet Me

strippedHey, Jazz Pickles! This Wednesday night I’ll be at the Los Angeles premiere of this movie about newspaper comics. Lots of prominent cartoonist are in it, and also me. After the movie, I’ll be onstage with the director and some other folks from the film. I’ll also hang out after that to say hello to you personally and take pictures with you if you care.

Here’s a link to the details and tickets. Hope to see you there! Wear your Bizarro Jazz Pickle T-shirt for a special treat from my pocket.

This entry was posted in appearances and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Come Meet Me

1. John Webster Frost says:

oh no!… comics stripped?!… what about Sunday Morning, with my coffee?… what about doing the Jumble & Super Sudoku?… it [just] won’t be the same…

2. John Webster Frost says:

anybody driving to Los Angeles?… from the East Coast?… today?… GUMBALL!… we can make it!… last one there is a rotten egg!…

3. Dan McConnell says:

A pocket-full of pickles? Better wear your seal-a-meal gaberdines.

4. Dan says:

*with a poster featuring Bill Watterson’s first new printed piece in 19 years!

Indeed! I think he also appears in the film, which would be the first time the “Bigfoot of Cartoons” is featured on screen.

5. Mary Lawton says:

Hey Dan, wish I could be there as I’m dying to see this film.

6. Kitty says:

Any possibility of an appearance at Upstate Films in Rhinebeck , New York for an East Coast premiere? http://www.upstatefilms.org 866-filmnut (845-345-6688)

7. Scoakat says:

Tell ya what, I’ll be the first in line when you come to Madison, WI! But, sorry, too long of a road trip for me…
    Cheers to you, I hope it goes great!

8. crustle says:

Wil it show in other theaters? And would you be a dear and come up to the bay?(sf)

9. LaurieT says:

Will see you when you come to Florida. And you should! You would never run out of material.

10. GEORGE says:

Can’t attend but we will be wishing you our best……

11. Is it anything like Dear Mr. Watterson, weren’t you in that one also? When will it be on DVD or download?

This one is about the entire industry, not just Watterson, so it should be different. Yes, I was in the film, too, but to tell you the truth, I’ve not seen it yet. I have a copy of it somewhere around my apartment, I believe. No idea when it will be on DVD or download.

• That’s cool, we can always look it up. True that movie was more about Bill but they do talk about the industry a little. Worth a looky look, which makes me want to view Stripped just to learn more about it. Well, thanks for your time and I’ll see you in the funny pages.

“Stripped” is actually very well done and an easy, entertaining watch. I recommend it for folks into this subject. I’ll check out the Watterson film soon, if I can find my DVD. :^}

12. Sam says:

Hey, crustle, Laura T, George, Kitty and JWFrost….I say we plan
    a road trip to LA!!!!
    Need a full report about the premiere.
    Good luck and ENJOY!!!

13. Rubber_Wonder_Boy says:

Woo-hoo!!! I met the Grandest Poobah Himself and was rewarded a Jazz Pickle!!!

But before I was awarded the JP Prize of All Time, Bob the Museum Guard challenged me. But I had on my Passive-Aggressive Hippie shirt!

In hindsight, I should have taken the jacket off and struck the PAH pose, asking BMG, “You want a (points to the peace sign on shirt) of me?” (lol)

I remember you from last night, RWB, but I didn’t know it was you. You introduced yourself with your “real” name, so it didn’t register that you were this guy. I enjoyed meeting you and thanks so much for coming out!

14. Frank says:

I doubt (seriously doubt) you could ever find a place for this “punny”:

Scene: Jesus on the cross on Golgotha, wearing jeans. Caption: “Casual Good Friday.”

Sorry–I had to share that.

your fan,