Smiley Fez Icing Smut

bz panel 03-31-14bz strip 03-31-14bz panel 04-01-14bz strip 04-01-14bz panel 04-02-14bz strip 04-02-14Bizarro is brought to you today by A Good Read.

As I’ve mentioned here before, I design and draw my cartoons to fit into the vertical “panel” format, then reposition that art and add to it as necessary for the horizontal “strip” version. So I think most of my gags work better as panels, but in this case, the strip works better because we get a better sense of the speeding taxi. In both frames, however, the hapless texter gets flattened.

In the past couple of years I included a small April Fools Day gag inside my usual cartoon by placing the symbol count (the tiny number above my signature that tells you how many pies, dynamites, eyeballs, aliens, bunnies, etc. are included in that cartoon) at a ridiculously high number. Like 457. This year I forgot to do that. My apologies.

That aside, I have a friend named  Edwin who has a collection of fezzes and wears them occasionally. I definitely thought of him while drawing this, though none of these characters look like him, he’ll be happy to know.

My Wednesday cartoon is a collaboration with my known associate, Wayno of Pittsburgh. He’s an unusual sort of fellow who is known to fantasize about cookies. Here’s what he has to say today about this endeavor.

This cartoon was problematic to convert to strip format because if I fit the whole thing in, you can’t see what he’s writing on his arm. I came up with what I think is a clever way to show the entire thing and get a closeup. Hope you agree. I’ll be using this technique in the future, I’m sure.bz 06-01-01 Adult Books WEB

BYGONE BIZARRO: This cartoon from 2001 has nothing to do with the others posted today, I just thought it was fun.

This entry was posted in adult cartoon, classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros, wayno and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Smiley Fez Icing Smut

1. Andrea B says:

Thanks for the Jazz Pickle Tattoo!

2. Rubber_Wonder_Boy says:

Ever used weird numbers for your symbol count, like π (pi), i (sqrt of -1), e, ….? Whoa.

π i e

3. Jim Martin says:

You had me at “chocolate”…

4. Alex Williamson says:

I love the way you throw yourself into your art. It does require skullduggery though!

5. Edwin Letcher says:

Hi Dan, I love, love, love the Fezbook gag!! Most of mine (fezzes, that is) are from a company called Fez-O-Rama… of course!

6. phil davis says:

Are you going to be selling any new originals soon?

Not on eBay, but they are always for sale from me personally. I’ll shoot an email to you with details if you want to get in touch about it. Thanks!

7. I love the smartphone gag. Speaking of which, back when I used to carry an early non-smart model for work I swore it gave me a slight pain near whatever pocket I carried it in and a headache when I used it too much. My critical thinking skills lapsed briefly and I actually thought this fake popcorn video was true! http://www.koreus.com/video/telephone-portable-mais-popcorn.html

I believed that popcorn video at first, too! As Arthur C. Clarke once said so brilliantly, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” This fact is one of the things that led me to atheism. The human mind will do amazing back flips to explain anything it doesn’t immediately understand, often irrationally.

8. Brian says:

Love that “Last emoticons” one (aka as “Death and taxis”). Though death by texting usually results more from drivers that are so busy texting that they don’t keep their eyes on the road. I have on numerous occasions narrowly escaped death or serious injury that way.

Tell me about it! I ride a motorcycle in Los Angeles and it is terrifying how many people I pass on the streets are on their phone in one way or another. It’s illegal here, but nobody seems to mind. I’m not one for excessive laws but I wonder if a mandatory 48 hours in jail might not curb that and keep me alive longer.

• Brian says:

Funny you should say that, because here in Dark Africa it is exactly the same. I ride a motorcycle too, and here too, playing around with cell phone while driving is illegal, but it makes no difference. And it nearly costs lives every day. Perhaps your proposed punishments are too lenient. I have been thinking about penalties involving a cat-o’nine-tails, public square and so on…

9. Jazz Pickle #9 says:

How apropos!

10. hammerman says:

hahah I love the adult book store cartoon! you can spin off similar adult themes for commercials under the “sex sells…everything” theme!

11. lorene leher says:

love that rabbit

12. David Ebinger formally in Afghanistan, currently in SW Florida says:

The tattoo submission is a classic. Nice depiction on the artist’s arm.

13. Bill says:

Love the drawing of the Checker Marathon. Most people, of course, know these cars only as the ubiquitous vehicle once used as taxicabs in major US cities. But it was also possible to buy a non-fleet version for use as a private automobile. I once saw such a beast with the vanity plate “NOTATAXI”.

For years I wanted one of the old Marathons but never got around to getting one. I still think they’re cool but have outgrown the desire to have one.

14. Boise Ed says:

Sorry, Dan, but zooming in on the gingerbread man didn’t do anything for me, because by the last frame I could see less detail, not more.

15. Ivanka Juzkiw says:

About the last emoticon: it is true. In my city, there were two such collisions just recently (2 years) In both cases, the teens were on the phone when collisions happened, and they actually walked into the moving trucks. It was horrifying to find out, when they reported that, as they were texting they died!

On the Fez: I was at a Sally Ann auction last year, and there was a collection of those fezzes. The first one went for close to $300.00! The others went for less. The same person bought them all.

16. Ken says:

Love your work! Big fan of cookies and fezzes both! Probably in that order even though I am a Shriner!
    We have a small newsletter that we basicly share amongst ourselves, since we were able to find yo so easy I stopped to ask your permission before putting ‘Fezbook’ in our newsletter. I hope it will be ok and of course we will leave all your info and signature such on the cartoon!
    Thanks again for making us smile on behalf of Kismet Shriners.

17. Boise Ed says:

Today’s strip (Saturday, the 5th) is one of your best ever! Too bad I dare not put it up on the wall or on a shirt, lest I offend She Who Must Be Obeyed.