Archer Troglodytes Chasing Download Destruction

bz panel 05-12-14bz strip 05-12-14bz panel 05-13-14bz strip 05-13-14bz panel 05-14-14bz strip 05-14-14bz panel 05-15-14bz strip 05-15-14

Bizarro is brought to you today by Appetizing Image.

My first offering this week is a collaboration with my good friend and colleague, Wayno of Pittsburgh. I like this gag a lot. For the sake of accuracy, I have William reading the fourth line, in case you’re wondering which colors coincide with the names of the apples he is identifying.

Wayno speaks coherently on this collaboration here.

I’m not a fan of the Paleo Diet. It may work for weight loss but all that meat isn’t good for you or the planet in the long run. Animal agriculture is tied with coal burning for the most environmentally damaging industry on the planet. It eclipses all transportation combined. Plus, the “Paleo” recipes you find for this stuff are rife with ingredients like the ones I mention in the cartoon and which cave people would have had no access to. Another diet scam, in my opinion.

Here’s a pizza cartoon.

Here’s a file cartoon.

bz 07-26-96WEB

BIZARRO BOOMERANG: Those of you Jazz Pickles of a certain age will no doubt remember how impossible it used to be to program a VCR to catch your favorite shows. I once had to employ my neighbor’s 10-year-old son to help me. Jack’s a grownup now. The other people mentioned in this cartoon are dead.

This entry was posted in classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros, environmental, history, wayno and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Archer Troglodytes Chasing Download Destruction

1. Richard says:

I am staggered that you had the foresight to put “facebook.com/BizarroComics” on your 1996 cartoon! That was eight years before Zuckerberg stole it from his friends!

2. Cob says:

Did you see that George Takei is a fan, and posted your pizza cartoon on his facebook feed today?

3. Museum Guard says:

George Takei posted the pizza cartoon the day it came out.

4. GEORGE says:

This is the apple cartoon I would have suggested…. Adam took one bite of the apple and screamed DE-LICIOUS.

5. Ken Buscho says:

As an adult who had a VCR, I never could understand why everybody had such trouble with it, but then again, I was silly enough to sit down and read the manual, is that weird?

6. Brian says:

I just love today’s gags! And you are right: the paleo diet (and all other diets) are scams feeding on modern westerners’ health paranoia. Humans are omnivores and can eat whatever they like. The paleo diet may well be the greatest thing since sliced bison, but as you point out, there is simply no way that 7 billion people can all live on meat. It’s the dietary equivalent of an expensive SUV or swimming pool.

7. Jade says:

That file cartoon is weirding me out a little: i couldn’t find any icons. No eyeball, no alien, no K2, not a slice of pie in sight…
    Is there a bunny I’m missing, or is it No Icon Day?
    Either way, it made me laugh and that’s what I’m after in a cartoon; so good on ya. Thanks. :-)

Sometimes the scene is so stark that adding an icon with no place to “hide” just becomes distracting in my opinion, so I leave them out.

8. HC says:

Bonjour,

Like I say to my 11-year old son : I may not be able to use a smartphone, at least I can program a VCR.

His answer : what is a VCR ?

9. james says:

ha ha !!!! some solid flippin cartooning there!

10. Bill says:

I particularly love the “file” gag — geek humor that everybody in these modern times can appreciate.

11. Alina says:

Love your stuff as always! You hit the nail on the head with paleo diet!

12. Carla Cook says:

I actually laughed out loud (I think some people use the term guffaw to describe what actually came out) when I read your comment on the VCR cartoon, for some reason this really cracked me up. “The other people mentioned in this cartoon are dead.”

13. D Johnson says:

You go directly to my brain with insight or clear method of striking right on for me . Enjoy your work more than any other, ever…….and I’m 78 years old and have lots of comedy in my head.. nice to know you