Snoopy Clog Rock Apple

Bizarro 05-18-14 hedrBizarro 05-18-14 WEBBizarro is brought to you today by Unreasonable Request.

There’s been quite a lot about the NSA in the news lately and, even though I have given up the idea that a government or the law can be “fair,” the fact that our own government is spying on us is deplorable. Many great minds have said something like: You have to choose freedom or safety, you can’t have both.  Personally, I’d rather be more free and less safe, but that’s just me.

bz panel 05-16-14bz strip 05-16-14bz panel 05-17-14bz strip 05-17-14

From last Friday comes this gag which discloses one of Batman’s rare weaknesses.

And Saturday’s cartoon features a familiar scene from Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, with a modern twist. There’s probably no end to the number of “username and password” cartoons that a person could do but I’m going to try to stop now.

BYGONE BIZARRO: This cartoon from 1997 reminds us that even the Devil doesn’t take New York City lightly. I lived there for ten years and I don’t blame him.bz 08-19-97 Eden NYC

This entry was posted in classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros, politics, religion and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Snoopy Clog Rock Apple

1. Dhruv Jolly says:

Hilarious … and very apt today … even here in India … awesome …

2. 88TF says:

To be honest, I’m not sure why people are scared about the NSA when they already put all their personal information on sites like Facebook and Twitter.

That’s a good point, but I don’t put personal info on my FB and Twitter pages.

• stormkite says:

Doesn’t matter that much whether you post it to FuBar or Twitter; it’s out there anyway. I have friends in the Gummint TLA industry and they tell me that most of their job involves keeping up with who’s selling what and who’s got the best private-side datamining routines. It’s a lot easier buying the stuff already indexed and digested than working from raw collections.

• Stephen Williams says:

Our personal info is out there for the taking via public government records. Anything recorded at a county recorder’s office is free game. They have to make those records available by law. You would be surprised at how much one can know about another… for free… online. I sort of don’t care anymore. If you want to know my birth date, who my relatives are and were I have lived, I’d be flattered ;^)

• jack abrams says:

TheseActually,its a ridiculous point considering the fact that they take it a step further by accessing the computer’s camera and speakers to watch and listen.Google and face book have no right to betray my privacy to a criminal out of control government.anyone who bl
      ythly accepts this as the way its got to be is a coward and a pro estableshment sell out.

3. jenifer divine says:

hey, i lived in NYC twice over the course of late 80 & mid-81 (approx 4-6 months each time)
    and i have to agree- NYC is a HELLUVA town…

4. Zombiwoman says:

Friday’s. Thank you! I really, really needed a good laugh out loud Friday morning and that one provided it. (The expression on your Batman… )

5. Great cartoons today, I love the artwork on the garden of Eden.

6. Moi says:

K. today these rock! ehheeheheee :)

7. Long time lurker and lover of your work, clear back when “The Bullies of Juilliard” made me laugh all the way to the SF Conservatory of Music one day.

LOVE the NSA joke, also Batman’s expression is classic “bad dog/boy”.

Thank you so much for making my life funnier.

8. Les Francis says:

1. Thanks always for your work. I like your sense of humor!
    2. Your Ali Baba cartoon reminds me of this one: http://giveupinternet.com/2010/03/07/sorry-your-password-isnt-long-enough-penis-as-password-comic/

I can’t find anything about the cartoonist behind it. Could only find this: http://dailysensible.co.uk/this-life-cartoon-ends-in-the-metro

Very funny cartoon. Whomever drew it is obviously working in a country where the word “penis” can be used in the newspaper funnies. I’m jealous. :^}

9. if they can store all your emails they can fake them too. pin shit on people who they don’t like.

10. Good cartoon – but what “believers” do not get is that the “apple” was a medieval invention. No mention in their book.

11. Rubber_Wonder_Boy says:

I think you’ve a typo. Shouldn’t today’s read, ” … when you’re out with your GAY friends.”
    (lol)

Happy Long Beach Pride!

12. Museum Guard says:

I give up:
    I can’t find the 5th symbol in today’s cartoon. I have Bunny and Dynamite and Alien and Eyeball.
    Where’s #5?

13. Pingback: ¿Hábrete? El original AQUÍ | ¡Qué Morro!

14. justin green says:

Grand Slam today!

15. Ken Buscho says:

The NSA really doesn’t deserve it’s bad wrap. After all, it is proof that the government really DOES listen to what we have to say.

16. Pingback: Login | Broadsheet.ie

17. GEORGE says:

An apple a day keeps the doctor away???

18. Luis says:

In the Title image, shouldn’t the eyeball be pointing at the guy’s eyeball? This is important.

19. Pingback: FYI | Broadsheet.ie

20. Greg Fitze says:

The “great minds” reference is likely attributable to what Ben Franklin put so well.