Seuss Goth Magic Santa Alien

bz panel 07-07-14bz strip 07-07-14bz panel 07-08-14bz strip 07-08-14bz panel 07-09-14bz strip 07-09-14bz panel 07-10-14bz strip 07-10-14

Bizarro is brought to you today by Willing Victims.

I’ve always been one to think of “ordinary” things objectively, which is why I’m fairly good at coming up with cartoons. As a kid, I often wondered why cow’s milk was fine but horse or dog or pig milk was revolting. Eventually, I became repulsed by cow’s milk, as well, and as it turns out it’s a pretty unhealthy thing for humans to consume, contrary to everything you’ve heard all your life. That kind of thinking (and research) led me to adopt a vegan diet over 12 years ago, which has greatly improved my health and happiness. That kind of thinking also led to this cartoon about eating famous Seuss characters.

My buddy, Andy Cowan, and I offer this alternate way of looking at the expression, “your hair.” I thought some severe goth girls might be a good vehicle for this one. I just noticed that the girl on the left has a missing tattoo in the strip version. No idea how that happened.

The popular, fairly new crossbreed of labradors and poodles, the “labradoodle,” led to this mash-up.

To catch us up to date, here’s a gag about the existence of Santa. Poor guy.

BIZARRO BOOMERANG: Immigration problems have been in the news a bit lately so here is an offering from 1999 that shows that things never change all that much. In fact, I may do an alternate version of this one and run it again soon. Keep your eyes peeled, as painful as that might be.bz990501WEB

Side note: I love the drawing of these aliens, if I may be so immodest.

This entry was posted in animals, classic Bizarros, daily Bizarros, politics, psychology and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Seuss Goth Magic Santa Alien

1. Lance Johnson says:

I’ve actually eaten green eggs and ham at a Dr. Suess Restaurant in Universal Studios – Florida.
    I do not like them, Sam I am.

2. H J Crow says:

I’d love to find and share with a friend a great Bizarro cartoon of maybe 5-10 years ago: doctor giving patient a choice between fact/science-based treatment and something based on evolution-rejection belief. Help?

I love that idea but I don’t recall it. I don’t think it was mine but I sure wish it had been.

• FrostedDonut says:

HJ: I believe the comic you are thinking of is a Doonesbury strip. It was on a Sunday, from about five to ten years ago.

3. Chris McKillop` says:

Love all of these but here’s a question. Why are they called “labradoodles” when “poobradors” is way more accurate? After all, I’ve seen many of them poo but not a one has been doodling. Maybe there’s comic for you with a doodling labradoodle, probably sitting next to its artist human, both doing their own works of art. No thanks needed, just glad to help.

4. Joe Code says:

I loved the Dr. Seuss Cafe cartoon. On the window, you’ve included foods mentioned in his stories (“Green Eggs and Ham”) and some made up ones. I noticed that the dish mentioned in “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” was not included: Roast Beast.

Just thought you’d like to know.

Thanks, Joe

P.S. The Santa Claus on the couch cartoon made me laugh out loud.

5. Tom Almy says:

Speaking as an omnivore, I’ve always wanted to try green eggs and ham, but I’ll pass on the fried cat and the grilled grinch which seems potentially canibalistic. Don’t know what’s in the soup — you might even find it ok.

6. Pat Rochester says:

The Goth girl on the left looks like Abby from NCIS!! I Love It!!

7. Neil Phillips says:

Re: Goth hair style
    One guy says I’m going to get a hair cut. The other guy says “How do you decide which one?”

8. Eric Simpson says:

The Boomerang panel is another of yours that reminds me of Gahan Wilson…always a worthy emulatee.

9. Alina says:

Vegan diet and immigration – oh how close to home that rings! (I’ve been vegan for over a year, and an immigrant for eight.)

10. Harry Houck says:

The aliens with limited job opportunities look a lot like Kang and Kodor of the Simpsons universe.

11. Hi Dan, I just discovered this podcast a few hours before seeing your post today so I haven’t listened to it yet but it’s about a winner of the UFC who is a vegan! Regardless of your thoughts regarding the Ultimate Fighting Championship you can’t deny his physical fitness. He’s a perfect rebuttal for anyone who would think a vegan diet would cause you to be weaker. http://markthompsononline.com/?page_id=86. I look forward to hearing it.

Yeah, I”m aware of that guy. There are also a few NFL and NBA players who are vegan, too. For people who think we need to eat flesh to be big and strong, I always like to cite gorillas: our closest relatives and primarily herbivores.

• Greg Fitze says:

And they are jungle badasses for sure. They eat some bugs here and there – but this raises a question. If I swallow a gnat on a bike ride, am I still a vegetarian? Tried some Dr. Seuss diet. Good fiber but the ink gave lots of the trots in the pots.

12. Pat in Belgium says:

Goat references now immediately bring to mind those wonderful wily trolls on Facebook who go after right wing reactionary pages, taking them over & plastering them with Moar Goatz.

I am so easily influenced. Yes. I am.

13. David Partlow says:

On the goth comic, I assume that u did not count the fire cracker, as it isn’t completely visible (symbol count =1). Also, if you do re-do the alien, maybe make his eye your “special symbol” eye.

14. Ken Buscho says:

This kind of alien immigration would probably get approved, just think of the outsourcing possibilities, especially at the current exchange rate of $$$ to ϠϢѬ

15. FanGoy says:

Dan, the aliens look like “Kang” and “Kodos”, but I love your ideas and your drawings are phenomenal. Thanks for all your work.

16. Rob says:

Your aliens are usually inventive and surreal. Those guys are truly scary. Well done.

17. Jimbo says:

I like how you incorporated yourself into the Seus cartoon but it begs the age-old question: Are you a man who dreams he is a cartoon or a cartoon who dreams he’s a man?

18. eagle says:

It was a Doonesbury strip, the doctor asks the patient whether he believes in evolution and wants treatment based on the tuberculosis virus before it evolved. Very funny but not scientifically accurate.